So I haven't done much knitting lately, but I've done a whole lot of sewing.
It came time to post our mockups for the 1911 corset sew-along. Here's mine!
It looks pretty good, in my opinion--I'm particularly happy that I drafted the hips pretty well on my computer program. What I didn't draft well, though, was the increase in the underbust measurement:
It was way too big, and this was bothering me--should I just take out the amount I added? Would I really fit into an unmodified pattern for a 23 inch waist from the waist up? If I take that away, should I add some length up top? After all, I was kind of worried about some of the fat displacement you can see in the pictures, and it didn't seem like it would meet my underbust line very well, either.
But Jo over at Bridges on the Body suggested just taking out the extra first, before deciding on adding length. I'm glad I did!
There are a few issues with creasing, which I believe to be just the fabric and the lack of boning. Most importantly: there's no "spill-age"! And I may even need to take out a teensy bit from the length at the top front so it doesn't interfere with my underbust now. I already did some of this more "cosmetic" shaping at the bottom of the corset; it won't be too hard to adjust the top, so I doubt I'll even try on my mockup again.
Now I'm ready for the next step! :)