Thursday, July 7, 2011


It's been a while, hasn't it?! But I finally got my new batch of hats gathered up, although these ones need to be washed still.

This one is another using Bernat's Baby Stretch "Jack in the Box" yarn.  It kind of looks like a court jester bunny!


I made up the hat itself as I went along, knitting in the round and making an alternate knit/purl stitch for the band (which would be considered straight purling if I was knitting flat, I guess).  I used Fiber Flux's tutorial for the ears, but I modified them... I didn't think I could knot them well, so I sewed them on upside down, with the point at the ends.  They're a little more floppy than I thought they would be at first, but I still like it. 

I think I need to show more detail on the ears, because I love the way they curl in on the inside, just like real ears would!  That's actually another reason I didn't want to knot them. But it's night time right now, so this is the best sort of picture I can get: 


No comments:

Post a Comment