Unfortunately there was no sun at all today, so my photos might look extra shadowy.
Here's the first set of stockings that I didn't get photos of before (the last one might look extra funny because it's a bit full already!):
And a detail shot, maybe this will be better than the first one:
Now, if you remember, the insides of these stockings as well as my Horde stockings look like this:
But the other eight stockings (the ones in the last post, and the ones I'm about to write about next) have a lining and a backing that looks like this, which is quite a bit more busy!
You see, the fabric I bought before wasn't on sale again when I figured out I bought way too little, so this Christmas fabric ended up being a bit cheaper.
Anyway, the last set of stockings were particularly inspired by my dad, who loves old Christmas stuff. I made what I thought looked like some old-ish ornament shapes and cut out my pieces--I just appliqued them on freely using an almost-satin stitch and my metallic thread. I say almost-satin because I didn't want to pull the fabric too much, as I didn't use any stabilizer, fusing or starch, and I didn't want the pieces to stretch out of shape. So instead of using a zig-zag stitch at "0", I used it halfway between 0 and 1. To make them look like they were hanging, I used the same stitch to make lines (before I appliqued the pieces on, of course). There's even a line on top of the big center ornament, but unfortunately the fur covers it up--that's a lack of planning on my part!
Aaaaaaand that's all for now. :)